"May your walls know joy; may every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility" - Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey
I've been away from my home for several days now. My grandmother passed away which took me back to my family home and days were spent with tons of family members. It felt so good to be surrounded with life memories. It reminded me that home is always where the heart its the memories and beautiful moments make up a home. So when we haven't built up memories in our homes for decades, how can we make our space feel like home to our hearts?
When I came home I realized that when I walked through my doors, its the details that make my house feel like my home. Small details of our own like candles, books, pictures, knick knacks, etc. The things we love to look at, that bring smiles to our faces. These are the things that give us feelings of familiarity and connection to the things we love. It touches our hearts. When we are decorating our home, there are a few key places we can enhance with "stylized details" that will give us the feeling of connection to our home. If you want help organizing and decorating your space for personal success and bliss, you will really benefit from this workshop.
1. Your coffee table. I change up my coffee table every month or so. I place fragrances that I currently love, flowers, the books I am reading, collections from travels and a few of my favorite things. If you like variety, you can change up the theme constantly. Places like TJMaxx and HomeGoods always provide beautiful things that you can use to affordably work with.
2. Your workspace. My desk is probably my favorite place to be, aside from my bathtub. I'm always styling up desktop vignettes. I love pretty pens and pencils, books, crystals, etc. See more of that here.
3. Reading nook. A curated spot where you flip through catalogs, read magazines or your favorite books. You may even love to journal in this space. It's important to set yourself for a beautiful reading session. Feels so blissful.
4. Your vanity area. This is probably one of my favorite areas to shop for. I love this darling vanity space by @margoandme . Pretty trays, boxes, picture frames with beautiful memories. This is one of the most personal spaces and you can style it up for bliss. Not only can you enjoy getting ready here, you can have your tea, make your to do lists, try on perfumes and jewelry. It's such a divine and feminine space.
5. Your nightstand. This is the best place to set yourself up for a blissful nightly routine. Candles, hand lotions, crystals, journals, flowers, etc. Your nightstand should enhance your sleep rituals and have beautiful things to look at before you drift off to sleep.
6. Your bathtub. If you haven't indulged yourself in bubble baths, I highly encourage you to begin this beautiful nightly ritual. I use bath salts, beautiful soaps and all kinds of nourishing things. Your skin is so important to care, as is our face and hair. This is the place to care for self. Make the most of this and create a gorgeous backdrop to do so.