I'm not really a make up girl. I wish I was, I just don't have the patience to put it on and I don't really like the way it looks on me. So for me, healthy skin is everything. Fun fact about me: I am actually a licensed esthetician in the state of California. I went to the Aveda Institute of San Francisco for skin because I have always been obsessed with skincare and Ayurvedic living. I used to dream of opening a spa, maybe I will one day!
Anyway, when I was asked to attend the Indie Beauty Expo, I jumped at the chance because I love finding new and wonderful holistic beauty brands. I am somewhat of a skincare junkie. I fully believe that when you take care of your health and body on the inside, the outside will show it! So along with meditation, yoga, exercise, I treat my skin with extreme care and love. Today, I wanted to share my favorite brands from the expo, so you can check them out or keep your eyes out if you see them in stores.
See what you may want to add to your daily self care routines.
1. VITAL PROTEINS. Before I was pregnant, I was obsessed with taking collagen supplements. Having too many vitamins in my routine was a bit exhausting so I always enjoyed adding supplements to my water. This Strawberry Lemon Collagen water is to die for. It's absolutely delicious. They also have a coffee creamer which I enjoyed sampling, too. I highly recommend these Lavender Lemon packs, to stick in your purse or diaper bag so you can make this water on the go!
2. New Heights Naturals. I am so in love with this sweet family company and they're from Texas, too! I was lucky enough to have been given a whole bag of goodies from this brand including sunscreens, diaper rash cream, etc. I tried out the sunscreen for kids on myself and I fell instantly in love! I've never been a fan of sunscreens but this sweet little company created some awesome products that make me feel good about putting them on my skin! Even the tinted sunscreen for teens gave me a gorgeous bronzy glow. I am so excited to use the natural cream on my baby, too.
3. REALHER makeup. I don't really wear makeup but I love a good lip gloss kit. Keeping my lips pretty keeps me feeling confident when I go out into the world. Which is why I fell in love with the "Women Rule The World" lip kit. Each item has an empowering message on it so you can feel confident while putting on paraben-free makeup. Gotta love that.
4. Little Moon Essentials. I am always looking for good things to put in my nightly baths. I love bath bombs, salts, bubble soaks, etc. This one was really powerful and I found myself wanting more. I got the sleep comes easy soak and it put me right into my comfy night zone.
5. Beauty by Earth. This entire line is fabulous. I really liked the Coffee Bean eye cream and think everyone should try it. I've also been using the peppermint lip balm which feels so good on my lips.
6. Sahara Rose. I just love beautiful brands and this one is really something special. I have been using the Divine Age Defying Serum and putting all over me. It smells like delicious roses but not too rosy, it's a perfect blend. I put it on my cuticles, hands, my face and neck and my feet. It's literally divine feeling. Ever since I was young, I have always put oils all over my body and I highly recommend doing this to keep your skin supple. This is a great one.
7. SkinTe. This sparkling tea with collagen is super delicious. Can somebody please sell this in Austin so I can buy some more?
8. Vervan Essentials. I just loved the Mexican beauty brand. The creams are absolutely divine, I have them everywhere now. The almond lavender hand cream is EVERYTHING!
9. The Lyfestyle Co. Now this brand is totally after my own heart. All natural crystal infused fragrances for the mystic. Yes please!!! They have perfumes according to your zodiac sign or your numerology number. I chose to go with my number, #1 and its absolutely divine! I mean it smells soooooooo good, I wear it daily! It's called the Confident. You will love this line I promise you. Check out how pretty the packaging is...I love this "set your intentions + attract" Kit.
A few more pics from my wonderful day with Jo from Peace, Love, Glam at the Indie Beauty Expo. You'll have to make sure and attend the next one in New York this Fall!